The Cipher ParaTime is a Confidential ParaTime for executing Wasm smart contracts.
As the officially supported ParaTime by the Oasis Protocol Foundation, Cipher allows for:
- Flexibility — Developer can define which data to store in a public and which data in the (more expensive) confidential storage
- Security — Rust language primarily used for writing Wasm smart contracts is known for its strict memory management and was developed specifically to avoid memory leaks
- Scalability — increased throughput of transactions
- Low-cost — 99%+ lower fees than Ethereum
- Cross-chain bridge to enable cross-chain interoperability (upcoming)
If you're looking for EVM-compatible ParaTimes, check out the Emerald and the confidential Sapphire paratimes.
Smart Contracts Development
The Cipher ParaTime implements the Oasis Contract SDK API. To learn how to write a confidential smart contract in Rust and deploy it on the Oasis Cipher ParaTime, read the related Oasis Contract SDK chapters:
How to build your first smart contract on Oasis
📄️ Hello World
This section will show you how to quickly create, build and test a minimal
📄️ Confidential Hello World
Confidential smart contract execution on Oasis is assured by three mechanisms:
📄️ How to Transfer ROSE into a ParaTime
This guide will walk you through transferring ROSE tokens from an Oasis
📄️ ParaTime Node
These instructions are for setting up a ParaTime node which participates in one or more ParaTime compute committees. If you want to run a ParaTime client node instead, see the instructions for running a ParaTime client node. If you want to run a validator node instead, see the instructions for running a validator node. Similarly, if you want to run a non-validator node instead, see the instructions for running a non-validator node.
📄️ ParaTime Client Node
These instructions are for setting up a ParaTime client node which only observes ParaTime activity and can submit transactions. If you want to run a ParaTime node instead, see the instructions for running a ParaTime node. Similarly, if you want to run a validator or a non-validator node instead, see the instructions for running a validator node or instructions for running a non-validator node.
🗃️ Emerald ParaTime
🗃️ Sapphire ParaTime